Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 package GoodHeart Diced Grilled Chicken Breast Meat
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding the bell pepper and asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in the flour. Gradually whisk in the milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, the salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, just until the chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes. Gently stir in the reserved pasta mixture, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
- Divide among 4 plates. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and the basil.