- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package GoodHeart Hand-Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Breast Meat
- 4 ounces queso fresco cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- oil, for frying (enough to fill 1 inch of a skillet)
- toppings such as Pico de Gallo, Guacamole or Fresh Salsa
- Heat the tablespoon of oil in a skillet until it starts to shimmer. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken and salt and pepper to taste. When the chicken is warm, remove from heat and stir in the queso fresco.
- Soften tortillas in microwave, 3-4 at a time (15-20 seconds). You want them soft enough so when you roll them, they won't crack.
- Working one at a time (keeping the rest covered), place a large spoonful of the chicken filling down the center. Roll tightly and secure with a toothpick poking it all the way through the other side. Immediately cover with plastic wrap to prevent the tortilla from drying out and splitting. Fill and roll the remaining tortillas.
- Pour oil into a skillet about 1 inch in depth and heat on medium until very hot. Add the flautas a few at a time and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden, turning with tongs as necessary. Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite toppings immediately.