- 3 lb. tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 8 serrano chiles
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp. salt to taste
- 2 pkgs GoodHeart Hand-Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Breast Meat, chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 20 corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups blended cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350°F
- For the sauce, in a saucepan, combine the tomatillos and chiles with water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender (about 10-15 min). Drain and blend the tomatillos and chiles with the garlic in a blender. Process until a smooth sauce forms.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the ¼ cup of oil until hot. Quickly add the tomatillo sauce and fry, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and cook until the sauce starts to thicken (about 5 min). Add salt to taste.
- To make the enchiladas, heat the 1/3 cup of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat until sizzling hot. Quickly pass each tortilla through the oil to soften and drain on paper towels.
- Fill each tortilla with GoodHeart chicken, roll and place, seam side down, in a baking dish. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until heated through (about 10 min).